Everyone in the credit union is encouraged to save. It’s key to the credit union philosophy and it’s what makes us different. There are a range of different ways you can save with us from our regular savings account to our Christmas savings account. You choose what works best for you. All our savings accounts include free life saving insurance and you can earn dividends on every share held.
Benefits of Credit Union Savings
- Free life cover on savings up to a maximum of £15,000 (subject to terms & conditions)
- Savings balances over and above any loan you have are available to you to withdraw on demand
- Dividends applied on eligible share accounts
- A savings protection scheme is in place to the benefit of the member up to £85.000 through the FSCS
- There are no hidden transaction fees or charges
We offer a variety of savings accounts.
Regular Savings Accounts
All members are issued with a regular savings account when they join the credit union. The account can be used for general saving or to access loans after regular savings deposits are made. (Terms & Conditions Apply).
Modern living involves the payment of all kinds of regular bills such as tv licence, electricity, road tax etc. Using our budget account allows you to save for these expenses over time making payment easier and less daunting
Instant Access Account
Savings that can be accessed at any time. These savings are unattached from any loans and cannot be used as collateral against a loan
Christmas Savings Account
Allows you to save throughout the year until December to cover the cost of Christmas. Savings are locked down until 15th October each year
Young Savers Account
LCCU offers a Young Savers Account – a great way for children and young people to save money and plan their spending
Ways to Pay
- In cash at one of our offices
- Cheque made payable to Liverpool Community Credit Union Ltd
- Standing order – direct from a bank or building society account
- Benefits payments can be made directly to the account
- Debit card via telephone or at a branch.