Treating Customers Fairly
Liverpool Community Credit Union is a member owned and ethically focussed financial Cooperative with members being at the centre of what we do. We are fully committed to providing the highest standards of customer service and advice.
Our Treating Customers Fairly Policy is centred around the guidance provided by the FCA to ensure we consistently deliver fair outcomes to our members and take responsibility for the organisation, staff and volunteers, providing a service based on a culture of openness and transparency. The FCA has outlined 6 key themes which are central to Treating Customers Fairly
- Customers should be confident that they are dealing with a firm where treating customers fairly is embedded in the corporate culture.
- Services marketed and sold are done so with the aim that they meet the needs of the client and are targeted accordingly
- Consumers should be provided with clear information and kept appropriately informed before, during and after the service provision
- Where advice is provided, it takes account of a client’s individual circumstances
- The service provided is of an acceptable standard
- Consumers do not face unreasonable barriers to making a complaint.
We have set out below how we aim to ensure these principals are embedded in our approach to dealing with members
Liverpool Community Credit Union will ensure the following
- All documentation is up to date, clear, concise and follows the FCA requirement to be fair and not misleading
- No individual member will be the subject of cold calling initiatives or will be pressurised into taking a product or service without being fully aware of the terms and conditions.
- That a regular analysis of complaints received, if applicable, is undertaken to monitor/highlight individual or collective training needs or to amend policy or procedure where necessary
- That changes in members circumstances are fully considered and evaluated where they have a direct impact upon a member’s ability to fulfil obligations or where circumstances are likely to have an impact in the future
- That after sales care facilities are available to members who have queries or concerns over services or products they have agreed to
- That the membership is kept up to date with relevant information and product updates as and when required.
The above list is not exhaustive, and Liverpool Community Credit Union is fully committed to evaluating given scenarios that affect individual members or services on offer
Our priority is to provide excellent service to ensure members want to buy our products, stay with us and recommend us to their friends, colleagues and families.
Our service is shaped by listening to our members needs and understanding what is important to them. We take responsibility for meeting the needs of our members and look for ways to improve the quality of our service. We aim to treat our members fairly and deliver high quality service which meets their expectations throughout their relationship with us